I Keep Being Logge Out Of The Forum

silkworm

viewing everything is fine, and i can click o read posts and stuff, but then everytime i press "submit" when i've written a post ina new thread or a reply i get logged off. I'm hopinit's goin to let me post this without trying 10 times..

But ive no idea why :confused: as it doesn't seem to be a server error, and my net connection is fine on other boards..

oooh ok *looks*

yus 6. never had issues before! *rolls eyes*

eta - oooh, appears that replying to threads is fine it's just startin the new ones.

Would you be incredibly angry with me if I asked you to upgrade to IE 7.0, or Firefox? ;)

For some reason IPS did not design this board upgrade for use with IE 6.0 (which seems pretty silly to me). But that is what we're stuck with right now. I think your problems would be resolved with an upgrade. Louise had the same problem as you and I talked her into Firefox and now things are fine! Firefox really is an awesome browser (and 2.0 has a built in spell-checker). But if you'd like to stick with IE, IE 7.0 would work as well.

Pls keep me updated!

i knew you were going to say that as i posted my last reply, lol :rolleyes: i used to use firefox, but a few months ago i had to have my hard drive rebooted, and i was told not to upgrade my IE until the majority of the forums i use were based from something other than 6.0 - which they aren't yet.

something to do with it possibly crashing again and loosing all my geography coursework..

i'll try and find my disk with firefox on in the moring. thanks :)

Thankyou because it is driving me nuts! :(

It doesn't happen every time I try to post a message but every other time, also when I click on the View New Posts link or try to preview things etc.

I have selected the remember me option and told both browsers to remember me too. It was fine before the upgrade.

Am I the only one that keeps getting logged out? :confused:

Archived