About my son conceived in rape.. Need guidance in Canada

Guest I am his Mom

Guest I am his Mom

Hi, I have a beautiful son, who was conceived in rape. I live in Canada, and I never pressed charges on the man who raped me, in fear that I will automatically grant him access and custody rights to my son. 

I have called lawyers everywhere, and none of them seem to know what to tell me. 

I do not have any type of support, and would really like to talk to someone who has a positive outlook on this issue, and perhaps could help me by sharing their story, which would be similar to mine. 

As my son is growing, I also have no clue as what and when I will be telling him.

It is only my son and I. I do not feel ashamed, and I considered my son a beautiful gift to a more than unfortunate event. I never was in a relationship with the rapist. 

Guest I am his Mom

I am not sure yet about how to create an account here and be able to get communication from others. I will come check here once in a while. Maybe twice a week. Thanks. 

Hi I am his Mom,

I am sorry you are in this difficult place. I have no words of wisdom (as I am not in Canada and I know our legal systems are different), but am sending you lots of support. What are you hoping for from the lawyers? A way to press charges?

Thinking of you,

Mary Beth

Hi Iamhismom,

You can join by following the directions here.  It is sad there are so few resources for parents of children conceived by rape. Several sites have closed. I know of no new ones. This article was written for us. 

I hope you join to receive the support you deserve! 

Take care,

Susan